>> Wednesday, 23 May 2007
You will not believe how easy these crisps are to make and you can see how attractive they are! :) From now on, this is going to be a staple appetizer whenever I entertain. The great thing also, is that they can be served in a basket made from the same ingredient!
This is my entry to Meeta's Birthday Party Bang!
Recipe - Parmesan Crisps
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- A few grinds of black pepper
- A large baking sheet
- Parchment paper or a silpat (silicone baking mat) if you have one
- A small bowl turned upside down to work as a mold
- Preheat oven to 400 degree
- Mix cheese and black pepper
- Take 1/2 cup of mixture and spread it in a thin circle
- Bake it for 5 - 7 mins
- Remove round disk and drape over the bottom of the bowl, gently pressing against the sides of the bowl
- Leave to cool and harden
- Spoon 1/2 tbsp of cheese onto baking sheet 1-inch apart
- Flatten the top of the cheese a little with the back of your spoon
- Bake in oven for 3 - 5 mins
- Remove from oven and let cool
- Place in Parmesan basket, garnish with chives and serve
- You can vary the size of the crisps to suit your needs for example to 1 tbsp or 1 tsp.
- You do not have to make a molded basket to serve the crisps, they can be served using a plate, bowl or platter
- Finely snipped chives can be added to the cheese mixture and be baked right into the crisp